Amritsari Crab Fry Bread
An easy to make recipe using our Crab Sensations which is fried in Amritsari fashion. Then placed onto a round fry bread and topped with fresh greens.
|4||Ounces||Jumbo Crab Sensations® (Item# 004630)|
|1/3||Cup||Flour, All Purpose|
|1||Sprig||Cilantro Leaves, Fresh|
|1||Ounce||Andhra Curry Sauce|
- Amritsari Crab: Marinate the crab in lemon juice, ginger paste and ½ of the chili powder, garlic and salt for about 2 hours.
- Make a thick batter with the gram flour, corn flour, cumin, yogurt, the other ½ of chili powder and caraway.
- Season with salt. Heat oil to 350°F, dredge the crab and fry till crispy. Dust with some Chaat Masala.
- Fry Bread: Mix all ingredients and knead till it forms a dough ball. Form into baseball size portions, pat them down and let the dough rest for about 1 hour.
- Cut the dough in the center to form a hole. This will allow the dough to fry flat. Fry in a pan with the oil at 350°F.
- Top the hot fry bread with the greens, pickled onions, and crab. Drizzle with sauce and garnish with Andhra curry. Finish with fresh cilantro.