Cheese Stuffed Shrimp Grit Cake
Enjoy a gourmet spin to the traditional Shrimp and Grits! Enjoy Cheese Stuffed Shrimp on top a grit cake garnished with pico, pesto and micro greens.
|3||each||Panko Breaded Stuffed Shrimp (Item# 057907)|
|1||cup||grits prepared, chilled|
|1||tablespoon||tomato pico, diced|
|micro greens, garnish|
- Make the grits the day before and chill. Cut into a 3' circle.
- Onto a 350 degree griddle or in a sauté pan add the oil and then add the grit cake to the hot oil to brown on both sides. Drain well.
- Fry the shrimp in 350 degree oil to box instructions and until 165 degrees inside, drain and get ready to assemble.
- To assemble onto a hot round plate place the grit cake in the middle, top with the three stuffed shrimp on top of the cake in a circle.
- Carefully place the tomato pico in the middle of the shrimp and then place a few micro greens on top for color.
- Garnish with small circles of pesto around the grit and shrimp presentation using either a squeeze bottle or a small spoon and serve.