Chesapeake Bay Crab & Seafood Chowder Bread Bowl
Tender pieces of crab and seafood pair with Chesapeake Bay inspired ingredients for a chowder that will have you taking a trip to the Eastern Shore!
|2||pounds||Jumbo Crab Sensations® (Item# 004630)|
|1||pound||slab bacon, small diced|
|6||each||russet potatoes peeled and diced|
|2||tablespoons||old bay seasoning|
|1/2||cup||all purpose flour|
|5||cups||roasted corn kernels|
|to||taste||salt and pepper|
|16||each||small bread bowls|
- In a stock pot render the bacon and set aside.
- Add olive oil and butter to the bacon grease and sauté the onions, celery and potatoes, season with Old Bay, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle in the flour and cook for five minutes stirring constantly.
- Whisk in the clam juice and milk, add the bay leaf and corn and bacon, simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the Jumbo Crab Sensations® and adjust seasoning.
- Hollow out the bowls and save top for dipping into chowder.