Chesapeake Bay Crab & Seafood Chowder Bread Bowl
Tender pieces of crab and seafood pair with Chesapeake Bay inspired ingredients for a chowder that will have you taking a trip to the Eastern Shore!
|2||Pounds||Jumbo Crab Sensations® (Item# 004630)|
|1||Pound||Slab Bacon, Small Diced|
|6||Each||Russet Potatoes, Peeled And Diced|
|2||Tablespoons||Old Bay Seasoning|
|1/2||Cup||All Purpose Flour|
|5||Cups||Roasted Corn Kernels|
|To||Taste||Salt And Pepper|
|16||Each||Small Bread Bowls|
- In a stock pot render the bacon and set aside.
- Add olive oil and butter to the bacon grease and sauté the onions, celery and potatoes, season with Old Bay, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle in the flour and cook for five minutes stirring constantly.
- Whisk in the clam juice and milk, add the bay leaf and corn and bacon, simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the Jumbo Crab Sensations® and adjust seasoning.
- Hollow out the bowls and save top for dipping into chowder.