Coconut Shrimp Topped with Pineapple and Smokey Jalapeño
Flaky Coconut Shrimp topped with a sweet and spicy sundried pineapple and smokey jalapeño salsa.
|3||Each||Coconut Butterfly Shrimp 16/20 ct. (Item# 057436)|
|1/2||Cup||Chipotle In Adobo|
|To||Taste||Salt & Pepper|
- Preheat deep fryer to 350ºF. While the deep fryer is preheating, in a medium sauce pan add the pineapple juice, lime juice and brown sugar and slowly bring to a boil. Once the mixture has come to a boil, reduce to a simmer and add the chipotle in adobo and the candied pineapple.
- Allow the mixture to come to a simmer for 15 minutes. Slice the fresh jalapeño into wheels and add to the mixture and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat source and allow to come to room temperature.
- To prepare the King and Prince® Butterfly Coconut Shrimp, add them to the preheated deep fryer and cook for 3–3½ minutes or until they reach a safe eating temperature of 165ºF internal temperature and are golden brown.
- To serve, top each of the shrimp with a teaspoon of the sweet and smoky pineapple jalapeño salasa and garnish with a sprig of cilantro and lime wedge.