Cod Panini with Pesto and Cheddar
Turn the fan favorite crispy Tavern Battered Cod into a hearty sandwich. Perfect recipe to enjoy during Lent.
|1||Piece||Tavern Battered® Cod Fillets 3-4 oz. (Item# 070056)|
|1||Slice||Sharp Cheddar Cheese|
|As Needed||Pan Spray|
- Cook the cod as required on the box directions or at 350°F until 165°F internal temperature.
- Top the inside of the bread spread both top and bottom with 1 tablespoon of the pesto.
- Place the cooked cod onto the bottom layer of the bread.
- Top with the sliced tomato and slice of cheddar.
- Spray the panini press with pan spray to avoid sticking.
- Place the top piece of bread onto the cheese with the pesto side down.
- Cook in the press for your set time, cut the panini in half on an angle and serve.