Crab Rangoon Mozzarella Sticks
|1||Jumbo Crab Sensations® (Item# 004630)|
|16||Ounces||Package cream cheese, softened|
|16||Ounces||Package shredded mozzarella cheese|
|1/2||Cup||Sliced green onions|
|3 1/2||Cup||Panko breadcrumbs|
|Oil for frying|
- Line 12-inch square baking pan with parchment paper so the paper hangs over the sides of the pan.
- Stir together cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, crab sensations, green onions, and powdered sugar in a bowl until combined. Transfer to the prepared pan, spreading to an even layer. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Lift cream cheese mixture from the pan using the parchment paper. Cut the frozen block in half, then cut each half crosswise into 8 sticks (you will have 32 4x1-inch sticks.)
- Put flour in a shallow dish. Beat eggs and water together in a second shallow dish. Put panko in a third shallow dish.
- Dredge each cream cheese stick in flour; shake off excess. Dip into egg mixture, then lift up so excess egg drips back into the bowl. Press into panko to coat both sides. Place the breaded sticks on a baking sheet and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Fry 3 or 4 sticks at a time until golden brown, about 1 minute. (Keep uncooked sticks in freezer until ready to fry.)