Crab & Seafood Beignets
Trish Luebesmier, one of the winners of the 2016 broker recipe contest, made a perfect bite-size dish. Inside combines Jumbo Crab Sensations, shallot, mascarpone, and chives. Then served with plum dipping sauce.
|6||Ounces||Jumbo Crab Sensations® (Item# 004630)|
|1/2||Each||Shallot, Finely Chopped|
|1||Tablespoon||Chives, Finely Chopped|
- Combine shallot, Jumbo Crab Sensations®, mascarpone, and chives in a medium bowl, season with salt. Gently fold to combine. Set aside.
- Heat oil to 350°F, whisk flour, corn starch, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Gradually whisk in beer, just to blend (batter will be thick).
- Working in batches of 4, measure 1 heaping tablespoon crab mixture, roll into a ball and drop into batter. Using a fork, toss to coat and lift from batter, letting excess drip back into bowl.
- Carefully lower beignets into oil. Fry, turning occasionally, until crisp and golden brown, about 4 minutes. Minimum internal temperature of 165°F. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve with a side of plum sauce.