Crab & Shrimp Pupusas
The pupusa is so popular in El Salvador, it has its own holiday. No kidding; it’s the second Sunday in November. But you can serve a to-die-for version any day of the
year with our Seafood Sensations®.
|3||Ounces||Seafood Sensations® (Item# 004530)|
|6||Ounces||Pupusas Dough, Prepared|
|7||Ounces||Water, Cold Tap|
|1/8||Cup||Jalapenos, Pickled, Chopped|
|1||Each||Lime, Fresh, Wedges|
|As||Desired||Salsa or Hot Sauce|
- In a bowl whisk the masa and salt together. Pour the water into the flour and mix with a spatula till soft dough is formed. The dough will be very soft.
- With a 2 ounce scoop, scoop out the masa into balls onto parchment paper.
- Coat your hands with the water and oil mixture and flatten the ball to about ½ inch thick. Add 1 ounce of cheese, and 1 ounce of Seafood Sensations®.
- Fold into your hand to create a half moon. Pinch the sides to make a disc that is ¼ inch thick and 4 inches in diameter.
- Cook in a pan with oil for 4-6 minutes per side.
- Serve topped with Curtido slaw and garnish as desired with lime wedges, salsa and hot sauce.