Crawfish Croque Monsieur
|6||Ounces||Lightly Breaded Cajun Crawfish 64/125 ct. (Item# 057135)|
|1/4||Cup||(1/2 Stick) Unsalted Butter|
|1 1/2||Cups||Whole Milk|
|2||Tablespoons||Whole Grain Mustard|
|1/2||Teaspoon||Freshly Grated Nutmeg|
|8||Slices||1/2 Inch Thick Country-Style Bread|
|3||Ounces||Gruyere, Grated (About 1 1/2 Cups)|
|1||Teaspoon||Herbes de Provence|
- Bechamel: Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat until foamy.
- Add flour and cook, stirring until mixture is pale and foamy, about 3 minutes.
- Gradually add milk, stirring until mixture is smooth. Cook, stirring, until sauce is thick and somewhat elastic, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in mustard and nutmeg; season with salt.
- Assembly: Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In 350° oil deep fry crawfish approximately 3 minutes, until golden brown and until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Place on towels to allow oil to drain.
- Spread bread slices with bechamel, dividing evenly and extending all the way to the edges.
- Place 4 slices of bread , bechamel side up, on a parchment-lined baking sheet; top with the fried crawfish and half of cheeses.
- Top remaining slices of bread, bechamel side up, then top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with Herbes de Provence.
- Bake until cheese is brown and bubbling, 10-15 minutes.