Fettuccine with Smoked Salmon and Asparagus
A twist on a classic Italian dish, this recipe is sure to be a hit!
|1||pound||asparagus, cut into 2|
|1||cup||dry white wine|
|1||cup||freshly grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese|
|2||cups||cream or half and half|
|1||cup||shredded Asiago or Parmesan cheese|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|Salt and crushed red pepper flakes, to taste|
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add shallots, mushrooms, garlic and sauté until softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the white wine and lemon juice. Cook until reduced by two-thirds.
- Add the cream (or half and half) and reduce by half.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add the pasta and cook as directed until al dente.
- Add the asparagus to the pasta water 3 minutes before the pasta is done. Drain.
- Cut the Smoked Salmon into 1/2 strips.
- Place pasta into warm serving bowl. Add the sauce, asparagus, and salmon with 1/2 cup of the cheese and gently toss.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Sprinkle with black pepper and serve immediately.