Gourmet Cake Benedict
This brunch classic is so decadent with our gourmet cakes, you don’t even need an English muffin!
|4||Each||Gourmet Seafood & Crab Cake (Item# 057920)|
|1/4||Cup||Leek, Cleaned, Quartered and Chiffonade, Plus More For Garnish (Optional)|
|1||Tablespoon||Lemon Juice (For Poached Eggs)|
|To Taste||Salt and pepper|
- Saute leeks in butter over medium low flame, 3-4 minutes or until fragrant and beginning to appear translucent. Stir in hollandaise sauce and heat over low flame, stirring constantly. Hold warm for serving.
- Saute spinach with minced garlic in oil until fragrant and wilted.
- Place Gourmet Cakes on a well-oiled, hot griddle and cook 2-3 minutes on each side, until thoroughly heated and golden. Cook slices of Canadian bacon on a well-oiled, hot griddle for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Heat a pot of water with a squeeze of lemon juice to 160°F. Carefully crack each egg and place into poaching liquid for 2 minutes. Scoop out gently and begin dish assembly.
- Assemble dish by placing 2 Gourmet Cakes on each of two plates. Place ¼ of sauteed spinach on each cake, then add a slice of Canadian bacon and a poached egg atop each cake. Finish with hollandaise and fried leeks. Serve hot.