Grilled Salad Mechouia with Seafood and Crab Cakes
|4||Each||Gourmet Seafood & Crab Cake (Item# 057920)|
|2||Each||Red Bell Peppers|
|2||Each||Large Jalapeno Peppers|
|2||Each||Small Sweet Onions|
|2||Cloves||Garlic, Finely Minced|
|1/4||Cup||Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|To Taste||Salt and pepper|
|1||Each||Hard Boiled Egg, Peeled And Cut Into To Quarters|
|1/4||Cup||Small Handful Of Olives|
- Using either a grill or your oven's broiler, char the outsides of the tomato, peppers, and onions until they're completely blackened and blistered, turning frequently to char all sides.
- Place the vegetables in a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap to allow them to steam in their own heat for 15 minutes.
- Peel the char off of the vegetables, coarsely chop them and place them in a bowl.
- Toast the caraway and coriander seeds in a dry skillet for a few minutes until they become fragrant. Grind them into a power in a spice grinder or a mortar and pestle.
- Add the spice with the olive oil and vinegar to chopped vegetables and stir well. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove seafood and crab cakes from package and grill at 350°F for 8 minutes on one side, flip and cook an additional 3 minutes until 165°F internal temperature.
- Serve in shallow plates and top with the seafood & crab cakes, hard boiled egg wedges, fresh parsley and olives.