Indian Butter Shrimp with Tandoori Paste and Garam Masala
|2||Pounds||Sauce Ready Tail-Off Shrimp 44/62 ct. (Item# 057364)|
|10||Each||Garlic Cloves, Minced|
|1 1/4||Cup||Heavy Cream|
|1||Cup||Slivered Almonds, Toasted|
- In a large, deep skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, cumin, paprika, and 1 teaspoon of garam masala and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the tandoori paste and tomato paste, stirring to incorporate, and cook for another 2 minutes. Stir in the cream and honey, then reduce heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until sauce begins to thicken.
- Fry shrimp in oil at 350°F for approximately 3 minutes or until golden brown and until internal temperature is 165°F.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for about 10 minutes at a simmer. Remove pan from heat and stir in the yogurt, remaining garam masala, and half of the cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve over cooked rice and garnish with remaining cilantro, lemon wedges, and slivered almonds.