Krabbycakes® with caramelized Onions and Bacon Jam
Do not miss out on this sweet and savory dish using our Krabbycakes®. Then on the side is caramelized onions and bacon jam. This dish is sure to wow your guests!
|2||Each||Breaded Krabbycakes® 3 oz. (Item# 073550)|
|1||Cup||Caramelized Onions, Julienned|
|1 1/2||Tablespoons||Bacon Jam|
|1 1/2||Each||Bacon, Chopped|
|4||Each||Onions, Large, Diced|
|1 1/2||Teaspoons||Thyme Leaves, Rough Chop|
|1||Teaspoon||Freshly Ground Black Pepper|
|2||Teaspoons||Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
- In a medium saute pan add olive oil and onions. Occasionally stirring the onions, cook slowly so you don't burn them. Cook onions until they are caramelized. Remove from heat.
- Fry Krabbycakes® in 350°F fryer for 5 minutes or until they are golden brown and 165°F internal temperature.
- Arrange on a plate as desired with caramelized onions, bacon jam, and Krabbycakes®.
- Use green onion curls and a lemon wedge for garnish.
- Bacon Jam: Place bacon in a large, heavy gauge pot and cook over medium heat until bacon is crispy and the rendered fat is foaming, about 10 minutes. Pour bacon and rendered fat into a strainer placed over a bowl to drain fat. When fat is drained and bacon is cool enough to handle, remove bacon to a cutting board and finely chop.
- Return pot to medium heat; drizzle 2 teaspoons reserved bacon fat and butter in pan. Saute onions and 1 teaspoon salt until soft and translucent, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Stir brown sugar, sherry vinegar, 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, black pepper, and cayenne into onion mixture; add bacon. Stir water into bacon mixture and cook until jam is a brick-brown bacon color and has a jam consistency, 10 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon thyme into jam; stir until shiny and heated through.