|1||Pound||Lobster Sensations® (Item# 004610)|
|2 1/2||Ounces||Unsalted Butter|
|1||Each||Medium Yellow Onion, Chopped|
|1||Each||Small Carrot, Peeled and Finely Chopped|
|1||Each||Garlic Clove, Finely Chopped|
|1 1/8||Ounces||All-Purpose Flour|
|1||Cup||Dry White Wine|
|1||Tablespoon||Chopped Fresh Thyme|
|1||Each||Dried Bay Leaf|
|To Taste||Kosher Salt|
|To Taste||Freshly Ground Black Pepper|
- Melt the butter in the pan over low heat. Add the onion, carrot, and garlic and cook until softened, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring, until golden and bubbly, about 2 minutes.
- Add the wine, tomato paste, thyme, and bay leaf; bring to a boil, and cook, stirring, until the liquid is slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Add the seafood slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Add the chopped lobster sensations and simmer for 2 minutes to heat. Remove the bay leaf.
- In a blender, purée the mixture in batches until smooth. Strain Through a medium-mesh sieve back into the pot, pushing on the solids with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the cream and sherry, season to taste with salt and pepper , and cook the bisque over low heat until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Serve the bisque garnished with Lobster Sensations.
- Make ahead tips: The bisque and lobster garnish can be refrigerated separately for up to 1 day. Reheat over medium-low heat before serving.