Seafood Stuffed Pretzel Roll
|1 1/2||Cups||Seafood Inspirations® Shrimp, Crab & Parmesan 4/2.5 lb. (Item# 057997)|
|1/4||Cup||Hot Water, Not Boiling|
|2||Cups||Flour, High Gluten|
|1 1/2||Teaspoons||Malt Powder or Granulate Sugar|
|1 1/8||Teaspoon||Yeast, Instant|
|As Needed||Sea Salt|
- In a large mixing bowl , whisk together the flour, salt, malt powder and yeast.
- With a wooden spoon stir in the milk and hot water until a soft dough is formed. Knead the dough on a generously floured surface, add flour if needed. You do not want to make the dough firm. It should be slightly tacky, slack and soft yet smooth.
- Place dough in a clean bowl, cover with a damp towel and set aside to rise. Let it rise until nearly doubled in size, about an hour.
- Line two 11X13 inch baking sheets with silicon.
- Turn the dough out onto a very light floured surface and use a bench knife to cut the dough into four pieces.
- When working with each piece, keep the other dough covered with a light cloth.
- Roll out the dough and stuff with Inspirations. Seal and let rise.
- To cook, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Bring two quarts of water to a boil in a stainless steel non-reactive pot. When the water boils add the baking soda. Gently lift the pretzel and let boil on each side for approximately 45 seconds to a minute. Use a slotted spoon or device to lift the pretzel out.
- Brush the dough with the beaten egg and lightly salt them. Place in oven and cook till golden brown, at least 15 minutes.
- Let the pretzel set up after removing it from the sheet pan. Serve hot.