Sensational Lobster & Seafood Cannelloni
Mike Davis one of the winners of the 2016 broker recipe contest creates a simple and flavorful cannelloni recipe made with our sweet Lobster Sensations. Then tossed in a rich, velvety sauce and then rolled in pasta sheets.
|10||Pounds||Lobster Sensations® (Item# 004610)|
|2||Cups||Panko or Japanese Bread crumbs|
|1||Cup||Whole Liquid Eggs|
|4||Tablespoons||Old Bay® Seasoning|
|2||Tablespoons||Ground White Pepper|
|2||Ounces||Garlic, finely chopped|
|1||Bunch||Celery with leaves, trimmed and washed|
|30||Ounces||Dried Tomato and Garlic Pesto|
- Brunoise all vegetables starting with lightest to darkest but do not mix together.
- In a heated sauté pan place olive oil, add garlic and sauté lightly. Add thyme, Old Bay®, onion, celery, carrots, peppers and cook until all vegetables are cooked through and liquid has reduced by 75% or almost evaporated.
- While vegetables are cooking, flake Lobster Sensations®. Place in a large mixing bowl, add vegetables and all other ingredients for filling. Very lightly combine ingredients together.
- Add bread crumbs to adjust mixture in order to achieve firm consistency. This may require more or less bread crumbs so have a little extra available.
- In a large sauté pan combine pesto and heavy cream, allow to reduce by 50%.
- While sauce is reducing take pasta sheets and cut into 3x5 squares.
- Place 4 ounces Lobster Sensations® filling in the middle of each pasta sheet square, roll into cannelloni and set aside.
- When the pesto cream sauce has reduced, add butter to thicken.
- Ladle a light coating into a full steam table pan, place cannelloni in pan with the seam down.
- Bake pan uncovered at 350°F for approximately 45 minutes until cannelloni are lightly brown on top and sauce has reduced by 25%.